Download instructions here: Roast whole turkey or turkey buffe
Whole Turkey / Buffe
500 g Stuffing
• Sage & Onion
• Spinach & Pinenuts
• Cranberry & Chestnut
• Apricot & Macadamia (Gluten Free)
2 litres turkey stock
4 tbs olive oil
60 g butter (melted)
2 clove garlic (chopped)
6 sprigs thyme
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
500 ml turkey gravy
250 ml cranberry sauce
1.0kg – 40 mins
1.5kg – 1 hour 20 minutes
2.0kg – 1 hour 40 minutes
2.5kg – 2 hours
3.0kg – 2 hours 20 minutes
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C. Pat your fresh stuffed or plain turkey fillet roll dry with kitchen paper.
- Transfer the turkey roll to a baking tray skin side up and massage with a simple marinade of olive oil, butter, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add turkey stock to your baking tray. This will keep the turkey roll moist and succulent, and assist with basting during cooking.
- Place in pre-heated oven, loosely cover with foil and roast for recommended duration.
- Remove the foil completely from your turkey roll for the final 30 minutes to brown.
- Allow your turkey roll to rest in a warm place for approximately 15 minutes before carving. This will ensure that the juices have settled and will make the meat very succulent.
- To prepare the gravy, strain the juices from the baking tray to remove any garlic and thyme. Place 1 cup of baking juices in a saucepan along with our homemade turkey gravy. Bring to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Serve alongside our homemade cranberry sauce.