Download instructions here: Turkey fillet roll or turducken
Turkey Fillet Roll / Turducken
1-2 litres turkey stock
2 tbs olive oil
30 g butter (melted)
1 clove garlic (chopped)
3 sprigs thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
500 ml turkey gravy
250 ml cranberry sauce
1.0kg – 1 hour
1.5kg – 1 hour 20 minutes
2.0kg – 1 hour 40 minutes
2.5kg – 2 hours
3.0kg – 2 hours 20 minute
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C. Pat your fresh free range Numurkah turkey dry with kitchen paper.
- Add one of our fresh stuffings to turkey cavity, packed loosely.
- Transfer turkey to a deep baking tray and massage with a simple marinade of olive oil, butter, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add turkey stock to your baking tray. This will keep the turkey moist and succulent, and assist with basting during cooking.
- Loosely cover with foil. Place in pre-heated oven and roast for recommended duration.
- Remove turkey every 20-40 minutes and baste with cooking juices. Remove the foil completely from your turkey for the final 40 minutes to brown the breast.
- Let the turkey rest in a warm place for approximately 15 minutes before carving. This will ensure that the juices have settled and will make the meat very succulent.
- To prepare gravy, strain the juices from the baking tray to remove any garlic and thyme. Place 1 cup of baking juices in a saucepan along with our homemade turkey gravy. Bring to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Serve alongside our homemade cranberry sauce.