- 2 tablespoons low-salt tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 cup low-fat light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup homemade chicken stock
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of cornflour, gluten- free, combined with a little cold water to make a smooth paste
- 250g Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 medium onion, sliced finely
- 500g kangaroo fillet
- 100ml red wine
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced and steamed
- 2 cups carrot, sliced and steamed
In a small bowl combine the sour cream, tomato paste, paprika and mustard. Finely slice the onions and set aside. Slice the mushrooms and add the grated garlic cloves and set aside. Cut off any sinew from the kangaroo fillet and cut the meat into thin slices, across the grain. Place in a bowl and add freshly grated black pepper to taste, mix through and set aside.
In a non-stick fry pan, add 1 tbsp oil and add the sliced onions, gently cook on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes. When the onion starts to brown turn up the heat and add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove the onions and mushrooms and set aside. With the heat up high add half of the kangaroo fillet and quickly fry for 1-2 minutes, remove from the pan and add the remainder of the kangaroo and repeat. Turn down the heat and add red wine, let the wine almost evaporate totally and add the chicken stock. Bring to a simmer and return the mushroom and onion mixture to the pam. When simmering: add the cornflour and water mixture and cook until thickened. Add the sour cream mixture and stir until combined. Add the kangaroo fillets and toss through. Remove from the heat and serve straight away.
Serve with steamed vegetables and hot noodles tossed in freshly chopped parsley or steamed rice.