100g plain flour
sea salt and pepper
100g panko or dried breadcrumbs
grated zest of 1 orange
1 tbsp dijon mustard
3 tbsp olive oil
1 orange, cut into wedges
1. Place each duck breast between two lengths of plastic wrap, and gently pound with a rolling pin or meat mallet until thin.
2. Set out three shallow bowls. Place the flour, sea salt and pepper in one, the eggs in the second, and the breadcrumbs and orange zest in the third.
3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
4. Spread the mustard over one side of each duck breast, then coat both sides lightly in flour, dunk it in the beaten egg, and coat it in the crumbs. Cook two schnitzels at a time for three minutes or until golden, turn and cook to your liking on the other side.
5. Drain on paper towel.
6. Add a little extra oil to the frying pan and cook remaining schnitzels. Serve with orange wedges and a crisp salad or finely shaved cabbage slaw.